In the A~Z of Mindset Success C is for Comfort Zone
O my! We all have one!…. The dreaded Comfort Zone…
Of course most personal development gurus will tell you how important it is to step out of your comfort zone on a regular basis. How challenging yourself can open up your mind to new and exciting possibilities that you previously thought not possible.
The great thing about life here at Metaphors Towers is we enable individuals and teams to make this shiz happen on a daily basis – how lucky am I?!!
But the reality is for you that you are unlikely to have the opportunity to do the big, exciting, adventurous, out of the comfort zone stuff every day of the week. So here’s some top tips for stretching your comfort zone during day to day life. I’d love it if you’d leave a comment if you decide to try any of them.
- Choose your chair ~ we all tend to have our own place where we sit. When we walk into the living room we walk unconsciously to ‘our’ spot, and there we stay, there is often an unwritten rule that no-one else will set there too. Over the next couple of weeks take time to choose to sit somewhere different. Notice how uncomfortable something so simple can make you feel. Mix it up as much as you can as you practice this simple step to go out of your comfort zone.
- Smile ~ now hopefully just smiling won’t take you too far out of your comfort zone, I hope you get the opportunity to smile on a very regular basis. But to go out of your comfort zone, try smiling at people you don’t know. Walking down the street, at the queue for the checkout, in the staff car park, there are loads of places you can try out your smiling to strangers. If this is a step too far away from familiarity for you, try smiling at someones dog, the walkers always love this.
- Turn your 4G and wifi off ~ this is something I now actually do all. the. time. but when I started it was a huge challenge to me. We are all now very much hooked on having our phones near by, so turning off the the 4G and wifi for a few hours can be way outside the comfort zone for most. Here’s a post I wrote about this in a lot more detail, and the positive impact it can have. I’d really like to encourage you to give this one a go.
- Leave the car at home ~ not just for the quick trip to the local shop, but try getting the bus or the train occasionally. It can give you time to catch up on some reading or your social media, but also offers the chance to take in your surroundings… and of course, lots of opportunity to smile at people too.
Of course, these are only a few suggestions on how to step out of your comfort zone in day-to-day life – I’d love to hear what you get up to too. And if you’re looking for bigger adventures to take you beyond the dreaded comfort zone do sign up below to be kept in the loop of our upcoming events.
Founder here at Mindset Metaphors & award winning Mindset Developer, providing World Class Change Management, Firewalks, and Team Building, with a great ROI
Latest posts by Lottie Moore (see all)
- 5 Great Reasons To Work With Us To Make Your Charity Firewalk A Success - November 21, 2017
- Host Your Own Vision Board Workshop - November 20, 2017
- BOOK NOW: Winter Solstice 108 Firewalk - November 20, 2017