Take a look through our calendar of upcoming events
On Sunday 1st October we are coming together as part of the LimbPower Manic Marafun day at the Stoke Mandeville Olympic Stadium to take on the Firewalk Challenge
The firewalk will be open to adults and children over 8 of all abilities and part of an incredible day of fun which you can find out all about here
Limb Power was launched in November 2009 to engage amputees and individuals with limb impairments in physical activity, sport and the arts to improve quality of life and to aid lifelong rehabilitation. In July 2014 LimbPower became a National Disability Sports Organisation, sitting alongside WheelPower, Cerebral Palsy Sport (CP Sport), Dwarf Sport, British Blind Sport (BBS), UK Deaf Sport, Mencap Sport and Special Olympics Great Britain (SOGB). Through this association and their work with the English Federation of Disability Sport and Sport England LimbPower help amputees and people with limb impairment reach their sporting potential. LimbPower also run arts based activities including confidence workshops and a photography club.
There is no obligation to fundraise to take part, but a suggested goal of £200 if you would like to use your firewalk challenge as a way to raise funds for this worthy cause ~ the highest fundraiser on the day will win one of our Awesome T-shirts too.
To take part in the firewalk on the day book your place here
- Any individuals under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to take part in the firewalk and no refund will be given
- It is important to take part in the pre walk talk and preparation. Any individual arriving late for this will not be allowed to take part in the firewalk and no refund will be given
- If you find yourself unable to attend the event we are unable to offer a refund, but happy for you to gift your place to someone else
- End times are only approximate. The firewalk will draw to a close when the fire is ready, and everyone has had the opportunity to walk the fire
On 29th October we are coming together for a sponsored Firewalk, followed by family BBQ to support two great causes ~ will you be joining us?
You are invited to be a part of this wonder filled evening at Limes Farm where we will be encouraging you to step through your fear to help us raise £10,000 for Oxfordshire SANDS and Buddy Bag Foundation.
Here’s a bit more of what’s involved…
The Firewalk ~ face your fears, with an empowering & unforgettable firewalk
Anyone 16 and over can take part in the firewalk. Tickets are just £25 with a commitment to raise £250 towards the 2 charities. When you purchase your ticket we’ll also send you information on how to set up an online fundraising page for the joint charities.
All ticket holders are welcome to join us at the farm from 3pm for registration, and a look around (friends and family are welcome too).
The Firewalk event will officially start at 4pm with the lighting of the fire ~ after this time there will be a short motivational fun talk, and preparation for everyone to walk the fire safely. (Family and spectators are welcome to use other areas of the farm at this time).
The firewalk itself should draw to a close at around 6-6.30pm after which you are welcome to stay on for the celebratory BBQ hosted by the farm.
Places for this firewalk are limited, and are expected to sell out fast so get your place confirmed today
Once you’ve purchased your ticket you’ll receive an email confirmatrion, and we’ll also send you information on how to set up your fundraising page – please allow 48 hours for this to arrive.
The BBQ is being hosted by Limes Farm and is open to the public after the Firewalk.
You do not need to purchase a ticket for the BBQ, food and drink will be available for purchase individually on the evening.
Oxfordshire Sands (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death charity) is a volunteer-led group dedicated to providing help and support for anyone affected by the tragic death of a baby. As a local branch of National Sands we support bereaved families across Oxfordshire and work closely with the John Radcliffe hospital.
As bereaved parents ourselves, we understand the devastation and grief surrounding the loss of a baby. Along with group support meetings, our befriender service can be accessed via telephone and email, providing support and information for parents, families and friends.
The Buddy Bag Foundation supplies buddy bags to children who find themselves in emergency care after a traumatic incident. These bags help make a difference by ensuring a child has the essential items they need for their immediate well being.
We are committed to 100% of the monies raised going into the supply of Buddy Bags and back in to the local community!
To join us in raising funds for these two great causes book your place now
We’re also running a competition with the highest fundraiser winning an Awesome T-Shirt from our Firewalkers store – the winner will be announced on the night.
- Any individuals under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to take part in the firewalk, and will not be offered a refund.
- It is important to take part in the pre-walk talk and preparation – any individual arriving late for this will not be allowed to take part in the firewalk, and will not be offered a refund.
- If you find yourself unable to attend the event, we are unable to offer a refund, but are happy for you to gift your place to someone else.
- Your firewalk place is dependent on you raising a minimum of £250 to support the charities. All fundraising monies should be available no later than 60 days after the event.
- End times are only approximate, the firewalk will draw to a close when the fire is ready to be walked, and all participants have had the opportunity to take part.