Today is the 1st February
Maybe not as you’re reading, but right here, right now, we’re moving in to the second month of the year…
Did you set yourself any resolutions?
And if you’re reading this post in the middle of July…
Have you ever set yourself any goals?
How have they worked out for you?
Research has shown that here in the UK only 8% of people stick to their New Year Resolutions, so, the likelihood is that if you answered YES to the questions above, the end results may well not have actually worked out so well for you. I guess if this is the case then at least you know you’re in good company with a massive 92% of the population.
But what if you really wanted to be one of the elite 8%? Do you feel frustrated to have not made it to the finish line? Or like you’ve let yourself (or others) down?… Or was it actually what you expected? The great news is that if you really want to give your resolutions or your goals, their best shot there are steps you can take to make it happen – so don’t give up on achieving your dreams just yet.
Things to get in place to help you achieve your dreams
- Accountability – gain some accountability from someone you know wants to see you succeed. This often doesn’t have to involve a lot of time or energy. Maybe they could drop you a text a couple of times a week to see how you’re getting on.
- Encouragement – Different from someone holding you accountable, find someone who can become your number one fan, and your biggest cheerleader. They can motivate, encourage, and inspire, and build up your confidence in yourself to make it to the finish line.
- Professional Help – Working with a coach or mentor could help you find the smoothest route through to your end goal, as well as share some great tips and ideas on how to make the journey as manageable and enjoyable as possible.
- Mindset – if you fall off your resolution route then your Mindset could be key to getting you back going. Just like someone who is giving up smoking, if they have a cigarette, they only actually become a smoker again if that’s what they choose – a better choice could be to decide to be a smoker who had one cigarette.
- Articles and Clubs – Why not connect with people who are on a similar journey? You could do this by finding books and articles (online and offline), or becoming a part of a club or group with peers that have a shared experience.
Of course you can seek out all these people and resources for yourself, or, to make it easy for you, we have pulled ALL of these key support mechanisms together in our monthly Life Beyond Limitations club, at a much more affordable rate than the professional 1-to-1 help you might be seeking, but with all of the professional support.
Win 3 Months Free
I’d love to welcome you to your Life Beyond Limitations, of course, you’d be really welcome to grab yourself a place right now (in fact, we’d love it!) or why not enter our competition and try-your-luck and winning yourself 3 months free!
I support people to look beyond their limitations, to find a space where adventure meets inner peace
Latest posts by Lottie Moore (see all)
- 5 Ways Your Mindset Is Sabotaging Your 1st Online Course - February 10, 2019
- NLP Firewalk in Wales - January 8, 2019
- Mindfulness D is for Distractions - August 27, 2018